Wednesday, October 28, 2015

MISFITS - Earth A.D./Wolfsblood 1983

Last Night I had a sleepless one, too much confusion, too many thoughts I can't handle so I choose a record which helps a lot. Can't tell why all this trouble's in my head but I'm always seemingly disillusioned, disappointed. I guess, I got a bang. Scheiß Drauf! So that's the reason I can't go to work today and you'll see what album I post now and it's superfluous to say something about this brilliant band. The Misfits are an American punk rock band often recognized as the progenitors of the horror punk subgenre, blending punk rock and other musical influences with horror film themes and imagery. Founded in 1977 in Lodi, New Jersey by singer and songwriter Glenn Danzig, the group had a fluctuating lineup during its first six years, with Danzig and bassist Jerry Only as the only consistent members. During this time they released several EPs and singles, and with Only's brother Doyle as guitarist, the albums Walk Among Us (1982) and Earth A.D./Wolfs Blood (1983), both considered touchstones of the early-1980s hardcore punk movement. The Misfits disbanded in 1983 and Danzig went on to form Samhain. I love them because this is the sound I like, short, rough, dirty and wild and I have all their records of the Danzig era. Earth A.D. is the second album and it's by far the hardest. Kiss were far as I know the first who paint itself, the Misfits make even partial and thus differ significantly from the others and it works, yeah! I have the German licensed edition of Aggressive RockProduktionen with silver labels.You can get more audio samples on kbdrecords, there are some of their early 7Inches. I must now eat something, I neglected too much. Enjoy the record!


3 comments:

  1. classic - thanks.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuckk Yeahhhhhhh Rebel ThrashnTrash Horror Show Wild Punkk Ass Punkk Im a MISFITS Fan4Life PunkAss HassAss n Nadine Nurnster Deenie Weenie Deenster I Fuckkin Love <3 Yazz My Punkk Rockk Girl Bitch Dude :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks man! Cheers from the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete