Wednesday, February 08, 2017

V/A - A Warped Sense Of Human 1981

This hot compilation is exact the stuff I really like and I think I certainly never come in touch with this record, so this was a request and I'm pleased. The hard facts: released on Peartree Records with seven bands, completely unknown to me, with two songs each. Varied sound, punk, wave, synth and alternative and the whole stuff is like a ripe apple. I guess only the islanders are capable of such sounds in the early 80s. Well, it's early in the morning, my first coffee is drunk and I have still two hours left to find my daily form. Enjoy the record whatever you do now.

1.Jacob's Room - DANCING COUNTERPARTS
2.Fun City - OFFBEAT
3.Victim Of The Bomb - ETHNIK MINORITY
4.So-So - N.A. POP 2000
5.All I Want To Do - TICKETZ
6.Hang Over You - KINGSIZE KEEN & HIS ROCKIN' MACHINE
7.I Must Adjust - FICTICIOUS
8.Panic In Your Mind - N.A. POP 2000
9.New Expression - FICTICIOUS
10.Pain - DANCING COUNTERPARTS
11.Control - TICKETZ
12.Cult - ETHNIK MINORITY
13.New Wavin' - KINGSIZE KEEN & HIS ROCKIN' MACHINE

- A Great Fuckin' Thx to Gen -

10 comments:

  1. THANKS GEN!! And Michael as well of course for putting the word out on this rare comp. I agree, this is exactly the kind of esoteric obscurity I tend to be looking for these days (after 20yrs of collecting primarily UK punk/post/wave). Came across it because it was actually pressed/released through the Ellie Jay label, which of course helped get out many now rare & collectible d.i.y. artist/releases. Far as I know only Dancing Counterparts saw anything else committed to wax, that being a 2 track 7" also released though Ellie Jay not long before this LP came out. Thanks again, Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot my friend and nice day

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a real blast from my past, all bands from my home town of Milton Keynes, Tiggles was the lead singer of the Fictitious a band that I saw many times, the Dancing Counterparts were a great band as well. Dave and Alison Bancroft were singers in Ethnik Minority, their wedding made the national press!!

    I'm guessing that Peartree Records is something to do with the youth centre that was located on an estate called Peartree Bridge, I might be wrong.

    A shame that this was probably before the Peartree Bridge Family were doing the rounds, they are still gigging and a loud night of rock is guaranteed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. could you re-up? I'd love to hear them all again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey MikeO, thx for your detailed info and Yes! this is a awesome compilation. Certainly great times ;)

      Delete
  5. No worries and thanks for the reup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. forgot to say that there are sculptures like the ones on the cover all over the town, some slightly more interesting ... there is a huge dinosaur on Peartree Bridge that has been painted in various colours, recently spotted painted as Spiderman, of course the town is known for a high percentage of roundabouts and concrete cows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you... I have the LP but it's got a bit battered over the years, i love this album.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you reupload please? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete