Wednesday, July 15, 2015

THE ZITS - Sick On You 7'' 1981

Released on Olympic Records this is the only record by this brilliant combo. Described on the collector-scum website as: "2-chord minimalist "punk" with keyboards. Well, I found both songs are not very minimalistic, quite the opposite. Here are two awesome KBD smasher at its finest. Oblique, raw and dirty sound plus offensive lyrics gives an excellent mix. Ergo: 1A stuff!! The Zits were from Vienna/VA whose members all went to Oakton High School and they were together for only six months in 1981. Band members were Nickey Beery, Joey Rogers, Stevie Smith and Billy Sykes. "I had an idea for a band, called Nic Beery and the Zits since I lived in Boston. I even recorded one song, the long forgotten 'Pregnant and Obese' with two friends in Maryland back in 1979, but nothing came of that incarnation. Anyway, while in Boston, two seniors did a punk rock take-off for psyche class and made up the song names, 'Sick On You' and 'Beat Your Face'. That was good enough for me." (Nic Beery) - I've been looking for this a long fuckin' time and now it's here. Enjoy!!!!


1 comment: